THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
This week, I reconsider my parenting skills again and again due to our little prince and I got very sick since last weekend.
Every parent is stressed about how to do the right way, and what to offer to our kids the best. There is no correct answer for everything for sure, but we can learn from the process.
Considering about parenting, the first thing very important is about food safety. Especially for toddlers. Because they are still learning the language, and they probably don’t know how to describe their feeling or they don’t know how to express their pain properly yet. Parents are responsible for control it for them.
I received a food warning list from one of my mom friends, and add some of mine which is very useful that I think every parent should be aware of it.
Why Should Parents Be Aware Of Food Allergy and Dangerous Food ?
- Food allergy may cause your kids into a danger condition. It may affect to the immune system and digestive system. Some worse cases show that when kids got food allergy, even just a tiny bite, they may have difficulty of breathing.
- Dangerous food may cause a bad situation to your kids even they don’t have allergy from the food. There are certain food should be avoid feeding to the kids by different ages. Especially for babies and toddlers.
How Do Parents know about Food Allergy and Dangerous Food ?
- Research the information about your kids age and to understand what to feed and what NOT to give to them at all.
- Print out the freebie I prepared for you, and put on the position you will see easily and clearly. For example: Refrigerator.
- If your kids are old enough, make sure they understand their own allergy by food or medicine. Also, explain why dangerous food will make them sick.
Best Tips to be Aware of Food Allergy and Dangerous Food.
Below is the food waring list for toddlers and babies divided by different age. Parents should be aware of them and avoid to feed the kids. If you are not sure if your kids have food allergy or not, you can take them to the hospital to have a ALLERGY CHECK.
1 : Under the age of 5 years old, parents should avoid to feed them:
- All kind of nuts (including almonds )
- Sausages MUST be cut by length not by width
2 : Under the age of 4 years old, parents should avoid to feed them:
- All kinds of lollipops, gums
- Grapes MUST be cut by length not by width
- Cherry, Tomatoes MUST be cut by length not by width
- Cucumber and carrots MUST be cut by length not by width
- Olives WITHOUT the pip
3 : Under the age of 3 years old, parents should avoid to feed them:
- Toffee and jello candy
4 : Under the age of 1 year old, parents should avoid to feed them:
- HONEY. DO NOT FEED ANY HONEY TO YOUR BABIES. Some parents think honey is good for health and it is better than sugar, but in fact, that is totally wrong, Honey contains a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum; for babies, it could danger to them. Some worse cases show that babies could died because of honey.
The Last Thing You Need to Know about Food Allergy and Dangerous Food
- Ask your kids’ pediatrician to understand certain food or medicine are not allowed to feed to your kid.
- Always put the list on your phone, your refrigerator, or anywhere you and your family can be aware of it too. Including your kids’ teachers, nannies.
- Have a Food bible in your house that you can read any time whenever you have time. It might be hard to memorize all, but need to memories at least for your kids’ age.
So, do you have any tips or advice you want to share with me? I would love to read your opinions too. Please make a comment below, and I will make sure to reply to you as soon as I can.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.*
*Thanks for my dear mom friend, Tair, who shared her tips for me. *